Trades of Hope helps individuals in poverty all over the world start and maintain small businesses. We do this by selling our artisan's products through home parties and online parties. We focus primarily on women because when you help one woman out of poverty, she brings four others with her!
- 40% of all working women make less than $2 a day.
- Women are paid, in general, 25 cents to a man’s dollar.
- Of the world's 1.3 billion people in poverty, 70% are women.
- About 80% of the world's 27 million refugees are women & children.
- The primary victims of today's wars are civilian women and children, not soldiers.
- Women have not achieved equality with men in any country.
- In most countries, women work approximately twice the unpaid time men do.
- When given resources, women will share them with her children and community.
Everyone wants to make a difference in the world, but often we don't know how. Trades of Hope makes it easy! Your purchase allows many people to be blessed! Trades of Hope is not lining the pockets of big corporations or sweat shops. We’re providing a fair wage for people who need it the most. Our mission is to give women the opportunity to rise out of poverty through sustainable business. We believe in empowering women to have a voice and become world changers wherever they may live.
We help employ over 13,000 artisans in the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jordan, Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Philippines, Thailand, Uganda, United States, Vietnam.
Trades of Hope abides by these Fair Trade principles:
- Guarantees producers a living wage for their work
- Builds long-term relationships between producers and buyers
- Engages in environmentally sustainable practices
- Empowers women and provides equal employment opportunities for all, especially the most disadvantaged
- Provides healthy and safe working conditions
- Ensures transparency and accountability with our artisans