- Peru is a country located in western South America, bordering the South Pacific Ocean between Ecuador and Chile.
- It is a country of diverse landscape ranging from rainforests, coastal deserts and the tropical Amazon Basin which makes it a popular spot for tourists.
- The Peruvian population is estimated at 31.2 million in 2015.
- Many of the people live in rural communities and are affected by poverty due to the lack of economic opportunities or income.
- Many of the women often do not speak Spanish, read or write making it very difficult to support their families.
What are we doing?
Trades of Hope partners with this group of Artisans who are skilled in their traditional Peruvian handicrafts. By making these beautiful products they are providing for their families and given resources necessary to help them become financially stable and successful. These Artisans are so thankful for the opportunity they now have to be a part of this group, which has empowered them and changed their lives!