About The Philippines
- The Philippines are a group of over 7,000 tropical islands located in southeastern Asia between South China and the Philippine Sea.
- Due to the close proximity of these islands to the equator it is prone to typhoons and earthquakes.
- It is approximately 300,000 square kilometers (115,831 sq mi), which makes the Philippines the 72nd-largest country in the world.
- With a population more than 100 million people, making it the seventh most populated country in Asia and the twelfth most populated country in the world.
- Currently, almost 33% of their population lives below the poverty line. Without access to foreign markets, filipino residents are forced to try and sell their crafts to tourists for a very low wage.
What We're Doing
This group is changing lives in the Philippines by helping them develop skills to sell their products to the world! These artisans are benefitting through micro-financing, technical training, product development assistance and special incentives for their quality craftsmanship. They now have this steady income to help the provide for their families.